Since 1974, American citizens have been protected from dangerous items in their homes by federal law. Congress prescribed a system whereby if a manufacturer designed a dangerous product, they MUST recall all those items and FIX THEM FOR FREE!
The problem in the law is that most often it’s up to the consumer, to find out whether appliances are potential fire or safety hazards!
There is a database designed and managed by the government, but you would have to wade through 195 MILLION recalled items to find out if a dishwasher or air conditioner is a hazard to your clients family.
Schillerstrom Home Inspection has arranged to work with RecallChek to determine if any of the appliances have recall notices. After the report is delivered, RecallChek continues to monitor for recalls and will keep you informed through the life of the appliance. Every month you will receive a newsletter with updated information regarding your appliances. You can add new appliance purchases, edit, or delete any of your appliances in your list so that you can be informed in case a recall is issued.
Here is how it works:
* Appliance data for a property is submitted to RecallChek through a number of means depending on which is most appropriate.
* At RecallChek Headquarters, your manufacturers and model numbers are computer matched against MILLIONS of recalls using our Model Number Algorithm (MNA).
* RecallChek will then hand-check the report, to eliminate wrong numbers from worn plates and ID cards, and other problems.
* In the event of a potential recall, RecallChek issues a report including
1) the nature of the recall,
2) where the product was sold,
3) how to remedy the defect, and
4) how to get the item repaired/replaced in most cases – absolutely FREE